Saturday, December 4, 2004

To Do: 1) Time With God!

Once again, another busy day around here. Sometimes it seems I don't know if I'm coming, going or have already been! (Anyone out there relate?)



When I asked a friend of mine--who runs a home business and also has a husband & 3 children--her secrets to successful time mangement, she suggested two things: First spend about an hour each morning, before the family wakes up, alone with God. Just sit, read Scripture, pray & ask Him to order my day. I must admit that since doing this, the days that I just decide to roll over & go back to sleep are my *worst* days! Nothing seems to go right at all and my work just piles up. (Something to be said about the power of prayer, huh?) :o)



Her second suggestion was to read the book, "First Things First" by Stephen Covey. I've only made it through the first few chapters, but I'm really getting a lot out of it. I have to say that it's really helped me see the bigger picture---not just tell me how to re-prioritize the long "To Do" list staring at me each morning.



All of this goes along perfectly with the verses in Proverbs 31. How the virtuous woman "rises while it is still night" to prepare for her day. Sure you lose out on a hour's worth of sleep, but honestly when I do this, I don't feel as tired as when I wake up later. I don't know how to explain it except to say that God will bless our efforts to get closer to Him. :o)



See you in the morning,

Denise



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails