Saturday, February 26, 2005

Your Best Life Now

I've just read through the first three chapters of Pastor Joel Osteen's book, "Your Best Life Now" (purchased on sale for 30% off at Barnes & Noble...heehee!), and I must say that it is fabulous!! He addresses several key areas in your life that can hold you back from receiving God's best in your life (example: negative thinking, lack of faith, etc.).

While reading it this afternoon, I found the Lord really using it to speak to my heart about several aspects of my own life that He wanted to dramatically change or improve---but my own thought patterns kept preventing Him from stepping in. Wow! Isn't it amazing how God can use someone to minister to you like that? Even through the pages of a book? ;o)

Ok, so maybe it isn't that amazing...afterall, He uses His own book (the Bible) to accomplish the very same thing. But some of us (yours truly included), need more "reminding" than others. ;o)

Anyway, back to my mini-review...If you haven't yet read "Your Best Life Now", may I suggest you do so asap? You truly have nothing to lose but a bunch of negative "baggage".

Believe God for greater, bigger, more wonderful things NOW...not later. He is able to do exceedingly more than we'd ever dare dream, ask or hope for. He's only limited by our faith! He's the Creator of the entire universe! Nothing is too big or too hard for him. This isn't to say that He's some celestial "Genie" ready to grant you any three wishes you can think of...but we shouldn't limit him or reduce him to our own human denominator. (Remember what Jesus said about having the faith the size of a mustard seed? With it, we can move mountains!)

Woohoo!! I'm excited! (Either that, or the caffeine from my chai is starting to hit me.)

What are you still doing here? Buy that book!

Your faith-filled, and totally refreshed friend~
Denise

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails