Tuesday, December 27, 2005

I No Longer Live...

Ok, some of you can complete this verse..."But Christ lives in me." Can't think of the reference off the top of my head, but this verse keeps running through my peabrain today. "I no longer live, but Christ lives in me."

I've been thinking a lot today of just how *deep* this verse gets. I mean...let's think about it, shall we? We no longer live. Ouch! We're dead to ourselves, the world, everything around us...but HE lives in us. Not us...Him. Interesting.

So, that being the case I'm not "myself" then, am I? (For once, this is a viable excuse!--Wink!) But seriously, if He's alive in me and my body is merely is vessel, then this is HUGE! Am I right?

Yes this is basic Christianity 101, but sometimes God just likes to give me little pop quizzes or "chapter reviews" if you will, throughout my day. (Smile) Keeps me on my toes. And I'm guessing the same goes for you, dear reader.

So back to my original thought: If "I no longer live, but Christ in me", then I can't--and won't--act, think, speak, dress in a way that pleases me, but instead Him. For it will be His thoughts and ways that are going to manifest themselves through me, right? Hmmm. Serious food for thought.

But if I do behave in a way that's clearly "my own", that does not mean that He's no longer within me. But rather I took over for a moment and am going to feel guilty as a result. Hmmm. Ouch again.

Ever do that? Just totally do something so "you" that there's no way anyone who didn't know you went to church would believe you were a Believer? (Gulp...I do!)

So what does this mean? Well I believe that it is during those times that I am significantly "me" are the result of my lack of studying His ways, His word and being in communion with Him as I should be. For I will become more "true to myself" (meaning Him this time, not me) if I spend more time with Him. And not so much myself. (Are you confused yet???)

That's my thought for the day. What's yours?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails