Wednesday, December 7, 2005

It's Sierra's 10th Birthday!

Can you believe that I now have a 10 year old daughter? (Gasp, shock, horrors!) I can't!

Wow...Her first official "Double-Digit Year". I'm still reeling over it.

Ten years ago today, I became a mother.

Ten years ago, I looked into my newborn's face and thought, "This is the most important moment of my life."

Ten years ago, I sighed as I watched her sleep and realized that with each passing day, she'd be that much closer to leaving home and starting her own life.

Ten years ago today, I became aware of just how much my mother loved me.

Ten years ago, I was begging God to just let her sleep for 4 hours in a row. Now when she has a sleepover at a friend's house, and I miss her so much that my heart aches as I gaze upon her empty bed.

Ten years have flown by...and although I've been there for every moment, I feel as though I just blinked and my baby girl who wouldn't sleep a wink, who was learning how to use her best manners, going to school, making friends and sharing her toys is now on the cusp of young adulthood.

My prayer for you, Sierra is that you continue to grow into the woman God has created you to be. May you always look to Him as your source of comfort, guidance and joy on this earth. May you grow more and more beautiful as each day passes, and never forget that you are loved. Even during those times when we're mad at each other over something trivial, please remember that I've loved you from the moment I knew I was pregnant. And I love you more each day.

Keep on shining, my lovely firstborn "jewel". And may this year be the best you've ever had.

I love you.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails