Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Drama Queen Moment

Allow me to set the scene for you: Earlier today, Abby discovered that she had her first loose tooth. It had clearly been loose for some time, given the half-grown in adult tooth directly behind it. Why she didn't notice it until today, I don't know. But then, I didn't notice it either as I don't brush her teeth for her anymore. But moving on...around 6:30pm she was having a small snack at the table, when she bit down too hard and hurt her loose tooth. Tears flowed and the sobs began. (Poor thing!)

I got a wet washcloth for her to bite down on and repeatedly told her (as only a Mommy can) that everything was ok. (Smile)

Well...it didn't work. She kept sobbing. Then she suddenly paused and said in a tearful voice, "I lost my tooth." (Gasp!) I had her open her mouth (lest she swallow it!) and quickly retrived the messy little morsel.

"Good job, Abby!", I squealed. "Wow, what a nice tooth! Ok, I'm going to clean it up. You keep biting down on the rag, ok? Don't open your mouth, keep it closed." I said this to her, knowing full-well what my littlest lamb was like during a "crisis".

But of course, in that moment she did *exactly* what I didn't want her to do...she LOOKED at the bloody rag.

That did it!

"Aaaahhhhhhggghhh!!!!" she screamed, and began shaking violently. She screamed, howled and screamed some more, making Ethan & Sierra both rush into the room to see what the fuss was about. I tried to calm her down, telling her it was ok, coaxing her to breathe through her nose, etc...but it was too late.

She threw up all over her dress and the dining room rug. (Hahahaha!) I realize it's not that funny, but really she was absolutely hysterical. I was trying so hard not to laugh and clean her up at the same time.

You must understand that this is what she always does whenever she gets too upset or worked up. She will cry until she vomits. Pure 'n simple. Drama Queen Supreme! (Smile)

So after she calmed down, I drew her a warm bath to soak in and thus, calm her nerves. (Wink) Heaven help the man that marries this daughter of mine! (Hahahaha) He can never get a cut, or allow a beloved pet to die. It would simply be too much for her. (Smile)

But what's even worse is that she gets it from yours truly. While I don't usually vomit at the sight of blood (I faint instead), I do gag at the sight of other yucky things, and have been upset enough to throw up on occasion. (Ahem)

So that was our excitement for the night. Does anyone else have a "Drama Queen" for a daughter? (Grin)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails