Sunday, June 18, 2006

Daily Cleaning Schedule

Yes, I am one of "those people" that actually has a schedule for cleaning. :o) I know...how obsessive can one get? (Heehee)

I've been asked by a dozen or so women "how do I keep the house clean with all them kids?". So to save time, I decided to post it here in my blog for all to see, admire and shake their pretty heads at. Its pretty boring, but I figure it'll be fun to type. :o)

Now, before I begin let me stress to you all that this is a *flexible* routine. Some days I don't get to the chores listed due to the various things that can pop up during the day. (Appointments, unexpected guests, crisis of various proportions, illness, etc.)

Daily Chores:
  • Dishes, cleaning kitchen counters, table (after each meal)
  • Taking out the trash
  • Laundry (A pair of dirty socks in the basket is enough to drive me insane.)
  • Sweeping the kitchen floor
  • Making the beds and tidying bedrooms, toy room
Sunday:
  • Scrub walls--a bottle of 409 and a vegetable brush are my weapons of choice for this. Yes, I do remove paint from time to time, but not enough to worry about. (Yet) Hopefully our land-lady isn't reading this! Heehee!
  • Mop, vacuum all floors
  • Windows
  • Bathroom--I do a quick "wipe down" with those Clorox sanitizing wipes, dump the trash and clean the mirror and light fixtures.
  • Wash all bedding

Monday:

  • Bathroom--this is a "deep clean" with a sponge and cleanser. I also wipe down the walls, door, window sill, shower walls, and re-organize the cupboard if necessary.
  • Dust window blinds, furniture

Tuesday:

  • Vacuum all floors
  • Wipe down front of cupboards (they're white...'nuff said!)
  • Organize office area (as needed)
  • Bathroom--"wipe down" routine

Wednesday:

  • Bathroom--"deep clean" routine
  • Dust window blinds, furniture
  • Wash all bedding
  • Windows

Thursday:

  • Vacuum all floors
  • Bathroom--"wipe down" routine
  • Wipe down front of cupboards

Friday:

  • Sunday's cleaning schedule in preparation for Sabbath
  • Go through Ethan and Abby's room w/ garbage bag---they seem to accumulate far more things than their room can hold, so as a result I have to weed out their toys while they're off visiting Grandma. ;o)

Saturday:

  • Diddly squat! :o) With the exception of making beds, washing dishes, and finally, laundry in the evening.

So there you have it! Confessions of a semi-neat freak in a nutshell. Any questions? :o)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails