Sunday, August 27, 2006

My Unusual Talent

Ok, this will sound a little odd, but I whenever I think about a movie--whether a scene pops into my head while taking a shower or if I think to myself, "Hmm...its been awhile since I've seen (insert random movie here)." Inevitably, it will come on TV.

No, I'm serious. It will come on! Sometimes that very day, or perhaps a few days later. But it will be on.

Take last week for example.

I was in the shower, when the song "9 to 5" by Dolly Parton just popped into my peabrain. I haven't heard this song since the early 1980's, but of course that got me to thinking about the movie of the same title. (And I was really, really young when I saw it.)

The next day, Dean was flipping channels when...the first few bars of the song and opening credits came on the screen.

It was incredible! I let out a "whoop" and bounced up off the couch shouting, "This is 9 to 5 with Dolly Parton! I was just thinking about this movie!"

My husband has grown accostomed over the years to these weekly outbursts, and tends to let it slide with a funny grin on his face.

Now, at first he didn't believe me at all. So he challenged me to write down every single movie that popped into my peabrain to "prove it". And I did. I even went so far as to record the DATE I thought of it, just so he'd know I wasn't cheating by watching the TV Guide channel or something. ;o) He of course, is now a believer. (Ha!)

I've done this on numerous occasions with a wide variety of movies---even those I've never seen in my life. When that is the case, instead of a scene playing itself in my mind, I only "see" the title. Weird, huh?

What's even more interesting, is that Ethan seems to be developing the same "talent". About two weeks ago now, he was randomly flipping the channel, when he landed on some obscure Disney movie he hadn't seen in some time. He got very excited and said, "Hey Mommy! I was just thinking about this movie earlier, and look! Now its on!" (Nifty, eh?)

So...do any of you have an odd talent you'd care to share?

PS: The current movies I'm thinking of include Tootsie, Pirates of the Caribbean (which we just finished watching by the way, on TV--Ha!), and Memoirs of a Geisha.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails