Monday, September 25, 2006

Changes

Today is Dean's first day at his new job! He now wakes up at 5am (snicker, snicker, snort!) in order to leave just after 6am. I guess I shouldn't laugh, considering I have to get up 30 mins before him, and can no longer go back to bed. (It never really worked well for me anyway.)

This is a new chapter in his life, as this new job doesn't have anything to do with fixing or building computers. He's excited but a bit nervous, too. But I know he's going to do just GREAT! :o)

But before I go on, I just want to mention how proud I am of him. He has such a strong work ethic, and sense of commitment to our family. He works so very hard for us, and I'm so thankful for him.

Moving on....
I've decided to use the hour between the time Dean leaves 'til the twins arrive, to get a decent workout in. I've been so bad about exercising lately, and believe me, it SHOWS. (Ahem!)

Yesterday we all caught the Re-Organization Bug. Dean and I tackled the garage, clearing and shuffling things around. So now, Dean has a nice "work station/office" area to fix computers for growing clientele. (Woohoo!) He looks so professional out there. ;o)

Then I decided it was time to swap the kids' rooms around. This was a much bigger undertaking than I planned on, but it was (or should I say "will be") worth it. The girls are now sharing the larger bedroom, while Ethan has his own (used to be Sierra's).

I hadn't realized just how much STUFF Sierra has until we started moving it all. (UGH!!) Some of her things are still in her old room as there's no where else to put it. I told her she needed a room to sleep in, and another for all of her things. There's going to be a lot of weeding out, sorting, and re-organizing going on this week. (Otherwise, she won't be getting anything for her birthday or the holidays as she won't have space for it.)

Actually this goes for all the children. Ethan and Abby have several bags of toys in the garage that---once again---can't even fit inside their rooms. Too bad its not garage sale season. That would be easiest. Dump runs work, too. ;o)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails