Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Brrrrrrr!!!!!!

It is soooo cold here! A not-so-toasty cold snap has struck us pretty hard. We've been blanketed by a 5 + inch layer of snow. Overnight temps have dropped into the mid-teens which, for us Washingtonians, is a major event.

I realize there are a lot of people in other parts of the country that deal with sub-zero temps and snow up to their eyeballs all the time. So in all honesty, we do look like a bunch of wimps by comparison. ;o) However! Let me make it perfectly clear that *we're not used to this type of weather*. So when it hits....we whine.

And drive like morons.

And crash our cars.

Or drive them into ditches.

And race to the nearest shoe store for boots, knowing we won't find any because they've been snatched up by someone who got there before we did, because we were behind the dork driving 5 mph on a road that had been sanded and de-iced.

But I digress.

So yes, it is bitterly cold here, and I for one, do not do well in the cold. I'm wearing a thick turtleneck sweater under my husband's even thicker pull-over sweater, on top of jeans, socks and boots---in the house.

And yes, I'm still cold.

Just ask Dean...he'll tell you. Afterall, I did just stick my icy hands under his shirt to warm them up. :o)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails