Friday, February 16, 2007

I'm Really Tired of Flu Season...

Ok, in one of my previous posts I mentioned how Ethan had been sick with a 24 hr. flu bug and had "Ralphed" his guts up in the men's bathroom at church.

Well, now its Abby's turn. (Just not in a men's room, or at church.)

Mid-afternoon, she began complaining of a tummy ache. This can mean a variety of things with Abby, from being overly hungry, eating too many dairy products or sweets, or just boredom. I wasn't too concerned with it until she grew increasingly pale and agitated. I got her a pillow and blanket and had her cozied up on the couch where I could watch her closely.

Well, a short time later, she made the dreaded announcement: "I feel like I need to throw up". Together we made the "Five Seconds 'Til Launch" dash to the bathroom.

And launch, she did. In the toilet, outside the toilet, in the trash can, behind the toilet...amazingly missing the roll of TP suspended a mere 6 inches from her head.

You know, I'm so glad I scrubbed the bathroom 'til it sparkled the day before. I guess it's better to "Ralph" in a clean toilet bowl. Or so it would seem.

So, my scrapbooking plans are totally shot. (Sigh) Of course, this doesn't alter Dean's concert plans, or the plan of leaving a fellow concert-goers child with me to care for during this particular concert.

But I digress.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to check on the Porcelain Princess.

(And just for the record; I hate flu season.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails