Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Day 1: Maidens of Virtue Study

This afternoon, Sierra and I began Chapter 1 ("The Fence Dwellers"), and then skipped ahead to Chapter 13 ("Colorful Flamingos").

"Flamingos" is all about modesty, with special focus on the topic of bathing suits. With the weather heating up (finally!) around here, I figured now would be a good time to bring that up. ;-)

I really enjoyed the readings and the discussion questions, and I think Sierra did as well. (At least she said she did!*Wink-wink*)

She did confess a bit of confusion over the "Fence Dweller" chapter, however I didn't "get it" the first time through, either. (Heavy on the metaphorical language.)

But overall, I feel that we had a good first day of our study. :-)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails