Thursday, May 24, 2007

Is your daughter "One Less" or one more????

I'm sure you've seen the ads for Gardasil, the vaccine that supposedly protects against HPV (which can potentially turn into cervical cancer).

As a mother, and a woman who was treated years ago for cervical cancer, I understand the desire for a drug like this. But the potential for grave side effects are there, as with all vaccines.

Many think I'm nuts for not having my children fully vaccinated, and I'm ok with that. The risks far outweigh the benefits, in my mind. With cousins who had nasty side effects from the chicken pox vaccine, a friend's son developing Type 1 diabetes following an MMR shot at 15 months of age, and an old school friend of mine developing diabetes from a series of shots in order to join the Navy...you can be assured I will not be jumping on the band wagon with Gardasil, either.

Instead of being "one less" to develop cervical cancer, these girls could instead become "one more" who suffers horrible consequences following the vaccine.

No thank you!

For more info, please see the following links here and here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails