Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Raising Maidens of Virtue

Today, Sierra and I will begin a new study using the book, "Raising Maidens of Virtue" by Stacy McDonald. She's not aware of this new study yet, but I'm hoping she'll enjoy it.

If you haven't read this book yet, and have a pre-teen or teenage daughter, I *highly* encourage you to do so. I bought mine a few years ago and read through it several times before I felt Sierra was ready to join me. You may want to do that as well, as some of the topics discussed may be over your daughter's head a bit.

Along with this study, Dean and I have been discussing the topic of dating for our children, and came to the decision to not allow it. (Ahem) We don't want them to travel down the path that we took as teens, and desire something far better for their lives.

We're researching the practice of courtship, and discussing ways to best implement the idea into their heads NOW, before they're 15.

Any comments on either of these topics are welcome. :o)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails