Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Our 9th Wedding Anniversary!




Hooray! It's our 9th anniversary! Woohoo!


Many things have changed over the past nine years (for example, I'm no longer pregnant as I was in the top photo!), but our love and commitment has remained constant.


Dean is, was, and always will be my blond knight in shining tie-dyed armor. I love him more now than I did when I made my vows, and I know he feels the same about me.


As in love as we are, we have almost nothing in common...in fact, I'm pretty sure we are the very definition of the phrase, "opposites attract"!


For example:


He likes to be silly; I'm more quiet and reserved (unless I've had WAY too much caffeine).


He loves all things from the 60's and 70's; I prefer the 80's and 90's.


He loves going to concerts; I can't stand anything loud and despise crowds.


He loves a variety of food; I'm as picky as they come.


On his day off he's content to lay on the couch and not move; If I sit and do nothing for too long I get agitated.


He's not a bookworm by any means; I get dizzyingly euphoric just entering a book store.


He likes to race the shopping cart up 'n down the aisles of the grocery store--much to the delight of our children; I get embarrassed and hiss under my breath, "Sssstop that!"


He loves to sleep past 9am; my eyes automatically pop open by 6am.


And yet...and this is "odd"...we often say the exact same thing, at the same time! Weird, huh? It all started one day in Safeway. A can of corn (or something like it) fell to the ground. We both immediately looked at each other and said, "Botulism!"


From that day on, I'm not kidding, we say things in unison all the time. Interesting, huh?


Long story short (I know...too late!), I can't imagine my life with anyone else, and I can't wait to see what the next nine years brings.


I love you, Deanage! Happy anniversary!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails