Monday, August 13, 2007

Four more "Jane's" to go!




As you may recall from my earlier post, I mentioned buying a copy of Jane Austen's "Emma", to later swap with my friends, Amanda and Lisa Marie for their Jane novels (Pride & Prejudice and Sense & Sensibility).

Well, I've *finished* reading Emma this afternoon. (Anytime you're ready to swap, Ladies just let me know! Hee hee!) And I must admit, it was perhaps even better than S&S, which I've read 3/4 of previously.

My only sadness is in the fact that Jane Austen only wrote 6 novels. If I read the others as fast as I've read Emma, I'll come to the end of them all and (gasp!)--there will be no more Jane! Aaarrgghhh!!!

I currently have "Mansfield Park" on request at the library, as well as the movie of Emma. Both of which are not yet in, but I hope they arrive soon. (I have such a low tolerance for anything that requires patience. Humph.)

And since we're talking about one of my most favorite authors, I'd like to share this post I read while visiting Mrs. Kelli Wilt's blog earlier today. She's a total "Janeite", too! ;o) And not only that, but she's hosting "A Fortnight of Jane Austen" (as depicted in the above picture).

This promises to be a great time for Janeites young and young-at-heart.

Now, for those of you who are unfamiliar with the term "fortnight", I shall by no means give you any help with its definition. You must go and learn it for yourselves. ;o)

(Yes, I'm that bad.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails