Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Of New Schedule Constraints and Conflictions

So, I was thinking this morning about how I should go about fitting my daily workout in, with all the little ones I'll have in a very short time.

Here's a rough outline of my new schedule so you can get a better idea of where I'm coming from:

Wake up at 5am to get my shower and brief quiet time in (where I eat breakfast, get some Bible reading in, blogging, check email and write out the day's To Do List). Then at 5:45am, I wake Dean up for work and greet baby Caleb.

Dean then leaves for work around 6:40am, then the twins (16 mos old and walking!)arrive by 7:30am. Little Kelvin arrives by 8:15am, and somewhere in between, my three children will start waking up.

All will require breakfast, morning routines need to be completed (showers, making beds), and home school lessons will need to be started after that.

So, with four under the age of 2, and all requiring naps at different intervals, where do I fit in a workout??? Its not like I can fling weights around and perform sweat-dripping cardio while infants are awake and needy. (Normally, I work out when the little ones are napping.)

Ok, so moving on...

There's still lunches to be made, housework to be taken care of, etc.

Oh, and let's not forget that I might be getting a part time job at Gymboree (children's clothing store), working nights and weekends. (Whew!)

I'm going to have to do some serious juggling for awhile until I everyone falls into a good routine. (Which might take a few weeks.)

If anyone has any really great ideas (besides waking up even earlier!), I'm all ears!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails