Monday, August 6, 2007

On Becoming Jane

*You must read this post in your very best English accent in order to obtain the full effect*

This past Saturday evening, I had the esteemed pleasure of viewing the new film, "Becoming Jane" with my dear friends, Amanda and Lisa Marie.

While I knew this was to be a loosely-based depiction of Jane Austen's life and "speculative" romance with Mr. Tom LeFroy, I immediately fell in love...

The sets, the scenery, the clothing (gasp--the clothing!), the accents, the language, the humor, the struggle, the pain of loss...all of these things and more left me with a feeling of satisfaction over the film itself (very well done, I thought), and a rekindled desire to read up on Jane Austen's life in general.

After the movie let out, the three of us ventured over to Border's Books where we each bought an Austen novel (Emma, Sense & Sensibility, and Pride & Prejudice). We promised that once we have finished reading our respective purchases, we shall swap amongst ourselves in order to further broaden our Austen repetoire. ;o)

(Hmm...that last line's a bit of a stretch, isn't it?)

Be that as it may, the film was *wonderful* and I for one, personally am looking forward to it's DVD release.

Go see this film...you shant be disappointed. ;o)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails