Thursday, September 6, 2007

Just Kicking Back

Today was another very busy day filled with the silly antics, wants and needs of 4 little ones under the age of 2. (Gulp!) The twins were once again walking the "picket line" regarding their afternoon nap, but beyond that everything went smoothly.

Now that daycare is over for the day (and Dean's off working at a side job), I've decided to sit back and relax with some Yo-Yo Ma, Pavarotti, a copy of Mansfield Park, a shipment of new scrapbook supplies, and a hot cup of blueberry tea. Ahhh....tranquility.

I was so sad to hear that Luciano Pavarotti passed away yesterday. Earlier in the day, I had been listening to the radio (classical station), when they made an announcement about his "very serious condition". I said a quick prayer for him and went on with my day.

It was while watching the 10pm news that I learned that he'd passed away. Oh, the difference a few hours can make! Such a rich, beautifully gifted voice...silenced forever. (Sigh)

Well, let's talk about things less maudlin, shall we? ;-)

I received my shipment of new Creative Memories products in the other day, and all I can say is...Wow! If you haven't seen the new line, you simply MUST pop over to this site and check it all out. (Shameless self-promotion, but this is my blog and I'll do what I want. Heehee!)

I can hardly wait to try out the new Family Quick Kit, Vintage Power Palette, Paper Albums, and my new pink Vintage Project Tote! Everything just looks *fabulous*! (Hey, Tiffani...now we HAVE to squeeze in some scrappin' time!)

Now, I just have to get my printer fixed then I'll be able to print out some pics to scrap with! Woohoo! Talk about incentive.

Does anyone else reading this enjoy Yo-Yo Ma half as much as I do??? I can just get lost in the strains of that cello. :-}

We received "Bridge to Terabithia" from NetFlix this afternoon and hope to watch it later this evening. The children have been looking forward to seeing it for some time now (like, since it came out several months ago! Yes, we're that slow).

I think I want another cup of tea. That sounds good.

This Saturday is our friend, Michelle's wedding. Ooh la la! Time to dust off Dean's monkey suit! (Ha ha!) I'll have to try to remember to post a picture of him all gussied up like that. He cleans up quite nicely. ;-] (Yes, I'm biased) I'm hoping to find a nice pair of navy blue heels to wear with a lovely dress given to me by Lisa Marie a few weeks ago. (I had planned on wearing a different dress--one that I wore to my sister-in-law's wedding a few years back, but I think I'm a bit too umm..."big" for it now. Ahem.)

Well if I'm ever going to enjoy tomorrow's visit with our beloved friends, Amanda and Julianah, I'd better get the house tidied up a bit (because I won't have a lot of time to do it tomorrow!).

Lisa if you're reading this, you're more than welcome to come over as well, as is Elijah! ;-)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails