Friday, November 9, 2007

Mini Workouts

In between the housework, caring for children and homeschooling, my workouts--like a good 45-60 min worth--are hard to come by. So lately, I've decided to engage in the "mini" variety.

These consist of 2 sets of 15 reps of squats, lunges, dips, leg presses and dead-lifts for the lower body. (My worst enemy is my rear-view...UGH!)

Arm exercises such as bicep curls, tricep kick-backs and military presses are good for rounding shoulders and eliminating that flappy "chicken wing" thing under the arms. (Gross!!!)

I like to do a variety of crunches to help tighten up what childbearing took away (ahem). And for a bit of cardio, I like to jog in place (or back 'n forth across the livingroom) for 5 mins, at least 5 times a day.

I do these routines a handful of times each day, and not all at once. (Otherwise it wouldn't be a "mini" workout, now would it?)

It's not much, I know. But it makes me feel like I've gotten *something* accomplished for the day, that didn't involved "expanding" my rear end (like eating, sitting or general not-too-aerobic housework). And that makes me feel pretty good. ;-]

(That is until I catch sight of myself in the mirror the next morning before my shower ... sigh ... Then I have to resist the temptation to "jog" while bathing!)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails