Monday, November 12, 2007

Of Booster Seats and Pointe Shoes



'Tis a most happy day for Sierra. She's officially "out" of her booster seat!

With the booster seat law here in WA, she'd either have to be 8 yrs old or 4' 9". At time of said law going into effect, she was 11 yrs old and 4' 8".

Bummer.

Now, *technically* we probably could've gotten away with her not being in a booster, but we didn't want to risk running into the one police officer who felt we read the law wrong. :-{

Hence, my 11 yr. old in a booster whilst wearing a training bra.

But today I measured her, and she's now 4' 10". No more booster seat! Hooray!!! Too bad the same can't be said for Ethan and Abby. Oh well. They'll get over it. ;-]

We don't have any extra daycare kids here today, so that means I'm able to clean, sort and organize everything I've been meaning to do, but have been putting off under the guise of "I can't do that with the babies around". (Which really is just code for, "I'm too lazy and prone to procrastination!")

So I've been cleaning out the bathroom cabinets and washing the shelves down. Its amazing how much gunk accumulates there, especially makeup. (Ahem) Gee, I wonder who's fault that is?...Probably Dean's. ;-} Everything just feels better when blamed on the man, don't you agree? (Love you, baby! Smooches!)

Hopefully Ethan will get scrawny body out of the shower soon, so I can get Abby in there next. What is it with kids complaining about bathing, then taking FOREVER to get out of the tub?????
Every one of my children fusses about having to bathe, but the water will run COLD before they're ready to get out.

Go figure.

Yesterday we had the esteemed pleasure of hanging out with our dear friends, the Calderon's. I've mentioned them in numerous posts but if you don't remember them, feel free to peruse the archives of my blog (I think July has a group shot of them).

We spent several hours over at their place, laughing, chatting, looking at photos and eating junk food that I so willingly bestowed upon the thighs of all. (Ha ha!)

By the time I got home, my stomach was in agony over the 1.5 donuts, 1 M&M cookie, and 1 cup of chai w/ Half & Half I had over there...*GROAN*!

Of course, I noted a new lump o' chub on my rump after consuming such massive amounts of garbage food (and this was the day after we all went out for Mexican food for lunch!). Today I plan on getting in a full 60 min. workout, courtesy of The FIRM volume 1 (with the lovely Susan Harris).

Seriously, if you've never tried a FIRM workout...you don't know what you're missing! They're fun (if you can call sweating and turning your legs into quivering lumps of mush FUN), engaging and highly effective.

Hello FIRM corporate people...I will take my advertising payments in small bills. Thank you. ;-}

Oh, but back to our visit. Miss Julianah C. was very kind to allow me the use of her pointe shoes, which were so gracefully suspended on her bedroom wall.

Now, Julianah is much too young to wear such divine instruments of torture, but her Mother was very kind to buy them for her from a neighborhood thrift store. Every little girl should own at least one pair of pointe shoes, even if they've never worn them.

So me, being the former dancer and total twit that I am, put said dance shoes on and proceeded to prance about the room.
Oh what joy! And what pain!

My toes screamed at me with each releve` and vainly attempted echappe`, but I didn't care. It was pink satin heaven! :-] The shoes fit perfectly, which in itself was amazing. And although they were worn, they were delightful to wear once again. (Insert dreamy sigh here)

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to the housework and drag my son out of the shower!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails