Thursday, November 29, 2007

A to Z Me

The rules: List a word that describes you for every letter of the alphabet. Offer as much or as little explanation as you wish. Please keep the words positive (for example, don’t use “fat” for F or “lame” for L), and feel free to get creative. Tag as many or as few people as you wish. Link back to your tagger and forward to your taggees.
*********************************

A-is for Auntie, because I'm the coolest of 'em all!

B-Book loving, but I refuse to be called a bookworm (because worms are gross, people! Gross!)

C-is for Chai, chai! Glorious, sweet, caffeinated chai tea! (What do you mean I've had too much today?)

D-is for Dooley, my maiden name (And yes, my father's name is Tom. Don't sing it.)

E-Every Rose Has Its Thorn (because that's the song that's stuck in my head right now). And Ethan, my son who's going to be a fantabulous preacher when he grows up.

F-is for The Firm workout videos. I'm obsessed, what can I say?

G-is for God, whom I try to be closer to each day.

H-is for Heffalump. Because that's just way too much fun to say. (Heffalump, heffalump, heffalump!)

I-is for idiotic, which is the word most used to describe me by my readers right now.

J-is for "Just do it, Sierra!" which is my most commonly uttered phrase of exasperation directed toward my oldest when it comes to chores. Or anything else for that matter.

K-is for Kooky, as in "They're creepy and they're kooky..." because I was often referred to as Morticia as a teenager. (Think...long black hair. White skin. Tight black dress. Thaaat's right. Scary.)

L-is for little dogs. I just LOVE little, furry, carry-in-your-purse dogs. Especially little Israel Calderon! The Yorkie King!

M-is for Mooo...which is what I sound like whenever I get near food. (I didn't call myself fat as instructed at the top. Ha! So there!) It also stands for "Mexican" which I'm part, but you wouldn't know it by looking at me. Unless you tilt your head and squint...(you're doing that now, aren't you? Ha!)

N-is for noodles because they are the only things I can cook without screwing up.

O-is for Opper. My last name. Which is always mispronounced. Say, "Operator". There ya go!See? Was that so hard? Also stands for "The Owl and the Pussycat". My favorite poem. (Don't laugh.)

P-is for pointe shoes. I miss ballet dancing so much...sigh...

Q-is for quiet. Something I don't get a lot of, but dearly enjoy.

R-is for Roses. My favorite flower. Just as long as they're not too close to me. I sneeze.

S-is for scrapbooking. Something I should make more time for.

T-is for toast, which I eat with my morning cup of tea.

U-is for understudy. Which is what I was during my first Nutcracker performance. Humph.

V-is for the violin, which I used to play and still wish I did.

W-is for West L.A., where my hubby Dean lived as a kid. He says it so much, it just kinda sticks after awhile.

X-is for x-rays. Something I've never had done, except on my teeth. But that's only because I've never broken a bone. Neat, huh?

Y-is for Mongolian Yak. Which is what I referred to myself as looking like when I was pregnant. (Not that I've ever SEEN a mongolian yak, or know if one actually exists. But it worked for me.)

Z-is for Zephyr. Why I don't know. Just fun to say. Kinda of like Heffalump. Also stands for Led Zepplin. A band that I can't stand, despite the fact that "If it weren't for them, none of my bands would've existed." (Yes, Dean...)

Ok! There you have it. A-Z Me! Now I tag....Tiffani, Sierra and Nikki! Hop to it, Ladies! ;0}

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails