Monday, January 21, 2008

Spelling City.com

Here's a nifty new spelling site I highly recommend to fellow home schoolers and "regular" (as my kids call them) schoolers alike.

From their website:

"SpellingCity.com is a website that helps students prepare for the weekly spelling test and it is surprisingly fun.

In addition to helping kids test themselves, it has learning games that you can use with your own spelling list such as hangman and word scramble. These games can be printed out and done on paper or played online.

For the younger kids, you can print out the list on writing paper for them to practice their spelling and forming the letters.

Students like using the computer to learn with. And they particularly like hearing their spelling list said backwards!

Teachers can put up their spelling list online which saves everyone a lot of time and encourages the kids to study.

And don't worry about the cost, there is none."

I've just started using today and am already quite impressed. I especially like the fact that I can input my own words for the children, without having to rely on generated spelling lists that often prove to be rather....unsuitable, shall we say, for Sierra. (Ahem)

Check it out and let me know what you think. ;-)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails