Thursday, January 3, 2008

"Cause You Had a Bad Day..."

Aren't you glad that song's stuck in your head as well as mine, now? :-}

But seriously folks, my day started at 3am with a rap, rap, rapping at my chamber door. (Forgive the Edgar Allen Poe plagiarism.) Every parent knows that any sort of awakening between the hours of 11pm and 6am is NOT good.

This case was no different. It was Sierra, informing me that Abby had an unfortunate accident in bed.

I won't go into too much detail, lest it embarrass my littlest daughter; but let's just say it was messy...and smelly. 'Nuff said.

So after stripping the bed, starting the washer, cleaning the bathroom, and getting Abby freshly showered and dressed, I headed back to bed. (Yawn) Of course, I couldn't fall back to sleep for about an hour. But such is life.

Oh wait...I must go farther back.

Dean was in serious pain last night at 11:30pm when we'd gone to bed. So from then 'til about midnight, I rubbed his leg in an effort to relieve some of the pain so he could sleep. And he really needs his sleep as he's been sicker than a dog this past week. (Groan!) Poor man...

Ok. So let's recap: Went to bed at midnight, woke up at 3am. Stayed awake 'til 4:10am.

Alarm went off at 7am. Hit snooze button 3 times. Started to doze off when the phone rang. I jumped out of bed, thinking "Who could be calling me at 7:30am??? Oh man...that can't be good."

But it was good. Or at least, not a bad thing. It was my sister.

"Hello?" I croaked out. "Hello?", she mocked then said with a laugh. "Sis? Are you ok?"

"Yeah..." I replied, blinking sleep from my eyes.

"Whatcha doing?" she asked, in a way too chipper of a voice for my mood.

"Uhh...nothing."

"Are you sleeping?!" she asked, incredulously. Usually I'm up at 5am and wide-eyed and bushy-tailed. "Sorta." I said. "Oh, ok. Well, I'll let you go. I'll call you later." Click.

So by now, I'm up and hitting the shower. Dean had plans to go into the walk-in clinic before work this morning, so after I got him up, it became glaringly apparent that he had MORE than a cold bug.

Greaaaat. No one is that pale over a cold. Or nauseated. And after Abby's morning episode, I had the growing fear of the flu bug invading our house.

Once he left, I took to scrubbing down the bathroom. (Yes, again.)

And this is where my "bad" day tops everything with a bright, red cherry.

My toilet brush broke.

Seriously! The scrubby head just kerplunked off into the bowl!

I...Could...Not...Be...Lieve...It!

I had no idea those things could even break, let alone mid-scrub. The nerve!!!

So here I am....a half-scrubbed toilet, a sick husband, a sick daughter, low chai supply...

And yet, I really just want to laugh. And hit my head against the wall a few times.

Happy New Year!!!! Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!

***Update***

Dean just phoned from the walk-in clinic. He has pneumonia! Please keep him in your prayers. Oh my poor, poor honey!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails