Friday, March 7, 2008

100 Things About Me

With this post, I hereby tag the following fellow Bloggers to post the same: Tiffani, Nikki and Sierra. Because they're the only ones I know that can/will do it (out of fear--heehee).

1. I love the Lord, even though my attitude and behavior at times doesn't reflect it. But I try to improve each day. And that counts for something.

2. I love chai tea lattes. The powdered kind that you mix with water. Not the ones from Starbucks.

3. I hate Starbucks.

4. My oldest daughter LOVES Starbucks.

5. Yes, I know that's pathetic when you're only 12.

6. My other two kids get soy hot chocolates there. So, I'm only halfway a bad mom.

7. I had my first child at 19. Had my second at 22. My third at 23-exactly 11 days before my 24th birthday.

8. Writing that makes me feel old.

9. I have gray hairs that I yank out upon notice.

10. I still get zits.

11. Gray hair and zits. At.the.same.time.

12. I enjoy working out.

13. But only because I'm terrified of body fat.

14. My husband and I've been waking up at 3:45am for the past two weeks.

15. I'm really tired.

16. I used to work for Gymboree clothing at the mall.

17. At the time I thought it suited me, as I love children.

18. Turns out, I only love the sweet, well-behaved ones.

19. My oldest daughter used to be obsessed with Barney.

20. I still know all the words to every Barney song. She denies her former fascination with the jolly purple dinosaur.

21. I love watching Jeopardy.

22. I'm a homeschooling mother.

23. Sometimes that scares my relatives. And my children.

24. I married my husband when I was 6 months pregnant with baby #2.

25. I looked like an albino whale. He says I looked beautiful.

26. My husband is a really nice man.

27. I take after my mother in looks, and my father in humor. At least, that's what I've been told.

28. I love my friends. They know me inside and out, yet still choose to hang out with me.

29. My oldest daughter's hands are bigger than mine.

30. My children are all built like their fathers.

31. That sounds as bad as it looks. (FatherS)

32. I have a weakness for Reese's peanut butter cups.

33. And German chocolate cake.

34. And little dogs.

35. And babies.

36. I would love to adopt more children.

37. I'm allergic to grass.

38. And codeine.

39. My daughters are allergic to chores.

40. My husband's allergic to the speed limit.

41. Writing is my therapeutic outlet.

42. I love to read. Books. Magazines. Cereal boxes. Flyers. Papers and catalogs of all shapes and sizes. Anything and everything.

43. Neither my son or husband like to read.

44. I was never extremely popular in school, but I knew everyone and they knew me. If that makes sense.

45. I never had a strong desire to attend college.

46. I used to be a size 0 before I had kids.

47. I remember accidentally swearing in front of my mother once.

48. Once.

49. My mother was very strict. So was my father.

50. Now, she's a total marshmallow with her grandchildren. My father still doesn't take crap from anyone.

51. My husband didn't have strict parents. They were hippies.

52. I can make my children shudder in fear with a single look. Which I definitely inherited from my mother.

53. My husband used to follow the Grateful Dead on tour. For years.

54. I can't stand the Grateful Dead.

55. Or concerts.

56. Or tie-dyes for that matter.

57. I can't sew.

58. Or cook from scratch.

59. My children beg to do both.

60. I bounce around with curriculum ideas for our homeschool like a monkey on No-Doz.

61. I used to play the violin and drums and sing in the choir back in school.

62. Now I can't play either one, and sound like a dying pig when I sing.

63. I don't know how to drive.

64. The sight of blood makes me faint.

65. I don't know how to swim.

66. I love Mexican and Italian food. And it loves me, too. As evidenced by the way it sticks to my hips.

67. I love music from the early 90's, 80's, 50's and early 60's. Not the 70's.

68. My parents divorced when I was four years old.

69. I hate sports.

70. I have one younger sister.

71. I don't look like her at all.

72. I have 3 nephews. They don't look like my sister, either.

73. I forget to turn my cell phone off of "vibrate" and leave it in my purse. In the closet.

74. My husband gets mad when he calls my cell and I don't answer.

75. I love Jane Austin's novels.

76. I love the movie versions of her novels even better.

77. I love chomping on peppermint Altoids.

78. I've never smoked, used drugs, and don't drink.

79. I love Shih-tzu's and Lhasa Apsos.

80. We own a pure-bred pit bull.

81. I hate bugs and other creepy crawlies.

82. I wore braces for 2.5 years. And head gear. Can't forget the head gear.

83. I got my wisdom teeth within 3 years after my braces came off. Thousands of dollars...wasted.

84. I don't like loud things; music, voices, or noises of any kind.

85. I'm afraid of heights. And fire. And large bodies of water.

86. My maiden name is "Dooley". (And yes, my father's name is "Tom".)

87. I've never traveled outside the country.

88. I love shopping for books. But I rarely buy them.

89. I was born and raised in Washington state. No, it doesn't rain all the time. Just 95% of it.

90. I have severe motion sickness.

91. I also have very low blood pressure. This makes me get light-headed quite often.

92. I've never dated/married a man with short hair.

93. I can walk into a room, and immediately forget what I came in for.

94. I get random scenes from movies in my head. Then those movies come on TV within days.

95. No joke.

96. Same goes for "thoughts" about friends and celebrities.

97. I can't do that with Lotto numbers.

98. I do my best thinking in the shower.

99. I don't sing in the shower.

100. Reading over this makes me realize how truly insane I am.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails