Monday, March 31, 2008

I LOOOOVE This Movie!

If you haven't yet seen it, then I *highly encourage you* to rent a copy of this fantabulous movie, August Rush.

Dean and I watched it last night, and we wept throughout the ENTIRE film! It is by far, one of the most touching, heart-tugging movies I've seen in a very long time.

I could relate to the film on two levels; the first being music. Music has such a powerful connection to and influence over everyone--no matter the genre. When I was little, before I learned to play drums, violin or sang in school choirs, I would "hear" tunes in my head and hum along.

I remember once actually filling a page with poorly drawn musical notes, then asking my mother what it would sound like if it were played. Ha ha! My poor mother....

Of course, I was nowhere near as gifted or talented as the boy's character in the movie is (not by a loooong shot!), but I really enjoyed that aspect of the film.

In addition to this, I felt that this film beautifully captured the power of the parent/child bond, and the desire to be loved unconditionally. The pain as they all searched for one another was very genuine, and I believe young Freddie Highmore has a glorious acting career before him. He did an amazing job.

Please see this movie. It will definitely strike a chord and speak to your heart. (No pun intended.)




1 comment:

MajorAGFan♥ said...

August Rush is SUCH a good movie. (Yes, I've seen it. So I'm not just saying that to agree..)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails