Thursday, March 20, 2008

You Know You're Lacking Sleep When....

Ok, so as you know, Dean's been working overtime for the past...eon. Or at least, it feels that way. Actually its only been about 3 weeks, but I digress.

So anyway, we've been waking up at 3:30am. (A very ugly time, I might add. The sun isn't even up yet, for goodness' sake!) We've been trying to combat this by going to bed by 9:30pm, which usually isn't a problem considering Dean usually crashes on the couch after work from 5pm--7:45pm. Waking only in between for dinner.

I try hard NOT to crash on the couch during the day with all the children around.

Twice this past month, I fell back to sleep--accidentally--after the alarm went off.

Crap!

The first time, Dean had a whole 20 mins to get out the door, and the second time, he just called his boss and told him he'd be late. There was no way he'd make it in time, considering it was 4:40am and that's when he's usually leaving the driveway! (Ooops)

So this morning, was definitely one of those force-yourself-out-of-bed mornings. I was so overwhelmingly tired. Flat out exhausted, really. But I got up on time. That was good. Got Dean out the door on time. Very good. Went back to the bedroom to make the bed....and fell asleep ON TOP OF THE BED whilst making it.

I kid you not.

I woke up with my hand, still clutching the top of the comforter, midway up the bed.

The time?

6am.

WHOA!!! I blinked, thinking "That can't be right..." and when I blinked again, the clock read:

6:21am.

CRAP!!!!

Now I'm flying out of bed, hastily finish making it, grab an outfit, and race into the shower. The twins will be here by 7:20am, and I still have to bathe, put on my makeup, feed the dog, make up my daily To Do List, prepare today's homeschool lessons, huff, puff, huff puff....

I made it, of course. But man, talk about your sleep deprivation! Falling asleep WHILE making the bed.

That's a new one.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails