Thursday, May 29, 2008

For the Love of the Platypus

Ethan's suddenly decided he wants to learn about the platypus.

Interesting.

It surprised me, this out-of-the-blue request of his. But what kind of mother would I be if I didn't help him find out everything he could about his newest fascination? I mean honestly! I'd earn the "Worst Homeschooling Mother of the Year" Award.

Anyway, this all came about with him hearing the word "platypus" from Sierra (I think?), and he asked if it was a real animal. I assured him it is, and things just took off from there.

After explaining a bit of what the platypus actually looks like and showing him photos off the Internet, Ethan noted that "God has a great sense of humor." ;o)

I'm thinking this would be a great notebook or lapbook or even scrapbook project for him! Hmm. But I suppose the best thing to do would be to let him choose the format, right? ;o)

You know what's also interesting...totally off topic, but sort of connected....is that my Mom used to call my cousin, Ryan her "little platypus" when he was a baby. (Don't ask me why, because I haven't a clue!)

And I can broadcast this tidbit of familial trivia here because Ryan--who's now in his freakin' 20's and would totally die if he knew I wrote it, especially if his sweetie girlfriend Jessica read it--never ever reads his beautiful cousin's blog. So it doesn't matter. Ha!

So, next time ya'll see him...call him Platypus for me. (Snicker, snicker)



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails