Monday, May 12, 2008

That's It...You're Forbidden to Grow Up...and Up!


I don't know how it happened, but my children have grown massively--right under my nose.


They are huge, I tell you! HUGE!!


We've been purging their closets and dressers all morning. Piles upon piles of clothing have made their way out to the laundry area (the command center for this type of operation) to be given one of the following labels:


  • Give away to smaller friends (Abby's clothes only)

  • Hand-me-downs (Sierra's clothes)

  • Not fit for anything but the garbage (several pairs of jeans)

  • Goodwill/Value Village donations (everything else)

Then Sierra deposited 2 perfectly good pairs of sneakers into the pile.


"What's up with those?" I asked.


"They don't fit," she replied.


"What do you mean they don't fit? They're a size 6.5! What size are your new tennies from Grandma?" I asked, totally shocked.


"Size 7," she shrugged.


I just stared at my child. I could hear the blood pounding in my ears, as the room began to spin. A size 7 shoe? Hello!!! That's bigger than mine! Yes, I knew her feet were a trifle larger than mine. But I guess I just didn't put two-and-two together. (Duh...)


Oh, and all the pants she received for her birthday, less than 6 months ago? Too short.


Ethan's are the same way. "Mommy?" he yelled from the bedroom. "I only have 1 pair of jeans that fit me well."


Abby's fancy-pants dresses are all too short, too.


And her summer clothes are too tight/small/short.


And her pink dress shoes pinch her feet.


But at least she has a few hand-me-down jeans to work with (even if they're a bit big yet). That's what belts are for, right?


When I stepped back to survey the pile, I just walked over to the nearest wall and banged my head against it. (That hurt, by the way.)


Who gave them permission to grow? It certainly wasn't me!

I'm so upset. I need to clean something.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails