Monday, May 5, 2008

Voice of Truth--Live



Oh what I would do to have

The kind of faith it takes to climb out of this boat I'm in

Onto the crashing waves

To step out of my comfort zone

Into the realm of the unknown where Jesus is

And He's holding out His hand

But the waves are calling out my name and they laugh at me

Reminding me of all the times I've tried before and failed

The waves they keep on telling me

Time and time again. "Boy, you'll never win!"

"You'll never win!"

Chorus:

But the voice of truth tells me a different story

The voice of truth says, "Do not be afraid!"

The voice of truth says, "This is for My glory"

Out of all the voices calling out to me

I will choose to listen and believe the voice of truth

Oh what I would do to have

The kind of strength it takes to stand before a giant

With just a sling and a stone

Surrounded by the sound of a thousand warriors

Shaking in their armor

Wishing they'd have had the strength to stand

But the giant's calling out my name and he laughs at me

Reminding me of all the times I've tried before and failed

The giant keeps on telling me

Time and time again. "Boy you'll never win!"

"You'll never win!"

Chorus

But the stone was just the right size

To put the giant on the ground

And the waves they don't seem so high

From on top of them lookin' down

I will soar with the wings of eagles

When I stop and listen to the sound of Jesus

Singing over me


This song seems to (amazingly) play on the radio each and every time I find myself overwhelmed with an almost paralyzing fear over everything that's going on. (In fact, it played twice today--hours apart on two different stations; both times right after I was feeling myself sinking into depression.) The L-RD has used this song to remind me to listen to His voice, above all others, no matter how hard it may seem, or how distant He may feel to me at the time.

I know it sounds kinda nuts, saying that God has used this song to speak to me directly (believe me, I feel nuts just writing this!), but it's happened. Many times. Too many times in fact, to be a coincidence.

Another song that He used today was "Praise You In This Storm" (also by Casting Crowns). Now THAT song was big-time convicting, especially when I remembered sweet Julianah's dance presentation to that very tune.

A child knows to praise the Lord in times of trouble more than I do....

I need that kind of faith. I have to get that kind of faith back. That innocent, child-like faith that holds onto her Daddy's promises of protection and help, even when the storms rage outside, threatening to distroy all that she holds precious.

Thank you, Father for speaking to me through music...



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails