Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Feeling Adrift

Seems like every time I turn around, some new calamity has befallen upon the heads of my family members, or upon my precious friends. I don't know what's going on, aside from the Governor of Hades having a field day.

Shake-ups within our congregation have left us all scratching our heads. Rattled friendships have left me feeling numb. Increasing pain and health problems for family members give me much to consider. Planning for our upcoming vacation makes me feel apprehensive. Hearing pain within the voice of a friend splinters my heart. Fearing what may be coming around the next corner plagues my thoughts.

I'm walking through a new chapter in my life. One that's completely new and utterly frightening. But no matter how I got here-- no matter how painful the journey, I'm blessed to have been forced to this place where I must live each hour by faith alone.

And I'm finding that the more I seek His face, the closer I come to finding it.

And in the end, maybe that's what it's all about.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails