This year's trip takes us not only to Topanga, but to San Diego as well. The children are very excited as the S.D. leg of our trip contains both a pool and an amusement park. (Ooh la la)
But as usual, our vacation plans bring on much stress and careful planning by yours truly.
If I wasn't such a hyper-list-making freak, I'd probably go crazy(ier).
I didn't make a packing list for our clothes last time, so I ended up forgetting to pack my husband's underwear. (*Ahem*)
But I'm determined that this year will be different. I shall pack carefully and leave absolutely nothing behind. (Can't you just hear "Hail to the Chief" playing softly in the background? And see a banner blowing softly in the breeze behind me?)
So today, I began writing out my stack o' lists including;
- detailed packing lists for each person (complete outfits, etc)
- things to remember to do (like print airline confirmation codes)
- things to clean (the fridge, dump garbage night before)
- things to buy (sunscreen)
- and notes to leave for my Mom (dog feeding details, etc)
Going to change any time soon? No.
Because for me, if even one thing goes wrong---KERPLOWEE!!! My whole trip's shot.
It's stupid, I know. But the truth, nonetheless.