Monday, September 8, 2008

I've Won...?!

Well, this just amazes me. I've actually won something. And not just any something. I've won probably the best prize--hands down--for someone like me.

Awhile back, (I can't even tell you when it was) I was dinking about on the Pacific Northwest Ballet's website. I was happily showing Abby the "Kids Page", and oohing and ahhing over how wonderful it'd be to see the ballet again.

I saw the Nutcracker at the Opera House back in December, 1993. That's it. And prior to that, I was the one dancing (not at the Opera House though). So that doesn't count as actually "watching" a ballet, as I was in the wings.

But back to my tale.

I came across a page to enter for a chance to win a pair of free tickets. I was about to just click off the page, but figured "Why not?" I mean, I never win anything, but you never know. It doesn't hurt to try, right?

Yup. :o)  You know what's coming.

When we got home last night from our trip, a huge pile of mail greeted us. Dean held up the envelope from PNB and I was truly puzzled.

Had I signed up for some mailing list? Why would PNB mail me anything? Obviously, I'd completely forgotten about the contest.

I tore open the envelope, and as I read the single sheet of letterhead paper I felt waves of incredulity wash over me:

"Dear Ms. Opper,

Congratulations! You have been selected as the winner in this month's online drawing for a pair of free tickets to the performance of your choice (valued up to $155 each ticket)...."

I read that paragraph over 'n over before reading it aloud to my family.

Oh....my....goodness!!

Two free tickets, valued up to $155 each?!

That's just outside the orchestra section, baby!! (Which is great, because I have really bad eyesight.)

WOOOOOOoooooooo HOOOOOOOOoooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The reason I haven't gone back to the ballet all these years, is that we couldn't afford it.

Yes, there are cheaper seats.

Yes, Dean goes to concerts that cost just as much as cheap seats. Or more.  

But, spending that kind of money on myself---that's just not going to happen. I've always dismissed the idea, despite the fact that Dean's told me repeatedly he'd be happy to take me at any time. (Even if he did admit in the next breath that he'd probably fall asleep....but he'd still take me. :o)  )

I cannot believe how the Lord has seen fit to bless me! I mean, this is huge. Really, huge! I am in awe....and in utter, rapturous delight!

I have a year to use the tickets (not good for the Nutcracker, though...but there's always Swan Lake!), and to decide whether to make it a Date Night for me and my gorgeous Hubby...or take my budding ballerina daughter. :o)

But can you believe it???? I WOOOOOOOON!!!!!!


Thank you, Lord!!! Thank you, soooooo much!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails