Monday, September 8, 2008

Up and Away...and a Lovely Welcome Back

Doodling on the plane

Check out the lovely sunset that greeted us as we drove home!


It's so good to be home! We had a wonderful trip, filled with lots of fun adventures, beautiful family, and heavy on the sunshine. :o)


Cassie was so thrilled to see us! She was wagging her tail, jumping and racing about. She seemed so surprised to see us all, judging by the almost human-like expression on her furry face. It was great. My parents did a wonderful job taking care of her. She looked and smelled fabulous! :o)


My mom surprised us by getting a few things from the grocery store--included 2 packs of bakery cupcakes. (Ahem!) I think the children were torn between those and the box of Fruit Loops she bought as well. :o)


The children and I managed to get everything unpacked and squared away in under a half-hour. I started a load of laundry before bed and tidied a few other things up before crashing out. (Zzzzz....)


Today's been busy already with baths, more laundry, cleaning, a quick walk to the grocery store for tonight's supper, and after all that's done I'm going to get in a *serious* workout. I've gained (according to Russ and Deb's bathroom scale) 4-5 pounds depending upon where the little needle landed this trip. But...and this is weird...my scale at home says I haven't. In fact, I weigh the same as when I left. Either that, or I've been lied to this whole time by my scale, and I weigh this much already.


Hmm. I think I like my scale better. Heehee! But to be on the safe side...I'm working out anyway.


This week's going to be a real initiation back to the land of Reality. We've got ballet starting back up tomorrow (this year Abby goes 2x/week), taekwondo lessons 2x/week, and Awana again on Sundays.
Oh yes, and we're starting our new home school year.
We've literally got something going on every single day of the week, less Mondays. Wow.


Busy, busy, busy!!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails