Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Does a Jet-Pack Have One Hump or Two?

Sometimes I wonder why I even bother teaching my kids. I mean, really. Take today's lesson for example.

We're continuing with our unit on desert life; everything was going great up until we reviewed camels. The difference between the two types, what makes them so unique, etc.

I then reminded the children that camels were often called, "the ships of the desert". This made Abby giggle and say, "Hmm. All they need is a jet-pack!"

And of course, that just made everyone bust up laughing.

(Get it? Ships? Jet-packs? Both modes of transportation. Even if the one is a stretch...nor does one have anything to do with the other. But that's what makes this so "Abby", and therefore, funny.)

Lesson time over.

Thanks, Pookie.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails