Monday, October 6, 2008

It's Harder Than It Looks

I realize that, "anything worth doing, is worth doing right" and "practice makes perfect". But at the rate I'm going, it'll take more than a few months to whip myself back into ballet shape.

I stretch and practice my plie`s, tendus, and releve`s for 2 hrs a day (broken into 2 intervals). This was at the suggestion of my husband who said, "If you devoted as much time to this as you do to those Firm tapes, you'll be fine." (Easy for him to say. He's naturally flexible.)

However, my flexibility is clearly shot to the four winds. I'd be ecstatic if I could just touch my freakin' toes without groaning in agony. (I feel absolutely pathetic writing that.)

My ultimate goal however, is to be able to do the splits again.

And that, dear friends, would be an accomplishment of epic proportions. :o)

Oh, and speaking of plies. I had Dean spot me last night, to help correct my knee and pelvic alignment. Well, ok. Demi plie? No problem. Grand plies, however...well, let's just say I have what's humiliatingly known as a "duck bottom". Which is when your "tail" suddenly sticks out while sinking into the plie. (Amanda, you know precisely what I'm talking about. Ahem.)

Keeping my wiggly, old pelvis stable is not easy. Or comfortable.

Quack.





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails