Tuesday, November 25, 2008

15 Things I'm Not Afraid to Admit

Hmm...let's see if I can actually come up with the full 15, shall we?

1. I love the Lord. Not just a little bit, but "love" as in I can't wait to read my Bible and books by various Christian/Messianic authors, feeling drawn to pray several times a day, "dancing in my mind" to different praise/worship music (and I say "in my mind" because much of the moves I would like to do, I no longer *can* do, due to lost technique, balance and coordination over the years), and just basking in the soft, pink glow that comes from just resting in Him.

2. I love Historical fiction (esp. Jane Austen!), clothing, movies, dances, music, customs, etc. If I could relax in my own cozy corner of Pemberley, wearing a splendid gown, sipping afternoon tea with charming friends whilst listening to a finely played pianoforte, life would be glorious. :o)  ("Is there any felicity in the world superior to this?")

3. I love music, clothing and TV from the 50's. If I can't have Pemberley, then I will settle for a lovely dress, a string of fine pearls, and a smart pair of heels suitable for cleaning the house in! :o) (And yes, I realize this could also be classified under #2, but it's my blog and I'll do what I want. Ha!)

4. I can be quite silly and giddy at times; to the point where my husband laughs and says I'm "cute". (Yikes)

5. I love the ballet; both watching and performing. Obviously I'm not performing at this point in my life, but I do miss it very much.

6. I can't stand bugs, spiders, or the "great outdoors" in general. I'm not the kind of girl you'd take camping, that's for sure! Drop me off at the nearest 5 Star Hotel as you continue along your merry way to the campground, thank you.

7. I can't sew to save my life. (Well, maybe to save my life...if it was just a button or something...)

8. I'm starting to feel more drawn to cooking and baking. Crazy, I know. (Shudder)

9. My dear friends, Amanda, Lisa-marie and I always speak with an English accent whenever we speak of Jane Austen or one of her novels. Amanda is known as "Mrs. Darcy" during our frequent exchanges of correspondance, and Lisa-marie is referred to as "Marianne".

10. I talk to dogs in a different, silly voice than I do people. And it usually annoys the people around me. :o)

11. I listen to the classical music station the most while at home. I feel it adds a very soothing ambiance to my cozy domicile that "vocal" music cannot quite match.

12. When I get angry, my eyes get very, very, very wide. The kids know that the wider the eyes, the more trouble they're in!

13. I'm the total disciplinarian around here. Dean often "sics" me on the children when they don't listen to him. Seriously.

14. I enjoy a good "brain candy" novel like the "Confessions of a Shopaholic" series. Instant idiot. Just flip page.

15. And last, I'm not afraid to admit that I frequently send my husband love notes via email and text messages during the day. :o)

I now tag everyone who happens to be reading this far. Ha! :o)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails