Friday, December 12, 2008

Don't Let it Snow, Don't Let it Snow, Don't Let it Snow...

Seems the winter season has finally hit Western WA. The forecast is calling for plenty of high winds, lots of rain, then my least favorite thing of all--snow. Lots 'n lots of snow.

Please don't hate me, all you winter type folks. But I hate snow. Absolutely hate it.

Sure, it's lovely to watch, especially at night when everything's so silent and peaceful. But to be out in it and have it be cold enough to snow? No freakin' thank you.

Why do I hate snow? Because snow is cold. And I'm already plenty cold on my own. I don't need snow to add to it. I've been known to be so cold that shivering actually hurts. And that's indoors with the heat up.

Here's a funny story to help illustrate my point. Last night as I walked in to taekwondo, Mr. Lee greeted me by saying, "Hello Mommy Opper! So nice to see you! I saved your seat for you (under the heat vent)."

I thanked him of course, and gladly took my coveted seat. Then a moment later, he returned and asked, "Are you really that cold all the time? I mean, to wear two jackets under a heater?"

I smiled my "Garfield" smile (thanks, Lisa-marie), and proceeded to touch his cheek with the back of my hand.

He gasped, pulling back in shock. He exclaimed (loudly), "OH MY GOSH! YOU AREN'T KIDDING! HOW DO YOU GET SO COLD? DON'T YOU HAVE ANY BLOOD?!"

I smiled as he jogged over to crank the thermostat up and tried to avoid the surprised stares of the other parents. I overheard one gentleman mutter, "It's not that cold..."

(Yeah. Come on over here, buddy and I'll touch you, too. Humph.)

To add to my discontent, as I mentioned at the beginning of this post, we're supposed to get high winds up to 40 miles per hour. When that happens, we always lose power.

Always.

Which not only means putting my makeup on by candlelight, but also...drum roll, please...NO heat. We have a fireplace, but if you're not directly in front of it, you won't benefit from it. (Which totally sucks.)

Oh Lord, please oh please let my power stay on. Pretty please? With sugar on top?

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to dig out our candles, flashlights and batteries.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails