Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Review: One2Believe--Noah's Ark Playset



As you may recall, our family reviewed The Tales of Glory Nativity Set from One2Believe.com this past fall. Ethan and Abby thoroughly enjoyed it, and eagerly shared it with their friends.

So, when the Noah's Ark play set arrived, let's just say Ethan and Abby went bonkers.

As in, "can't-open-the-box-fast-enough-hurry-up-Mom!" bonkers.

One2Believe.com is a wonderful Christian company, whose "passion is to help children learn important Bible lessons and to have them come to faith in Jesus. Our goal is to provide fun ways of teaching children about the greatest people who ever lived. Through the toys that we design children will learn and play out exciting stories about real people. Our toys teach children that there are real superheroes they can believe in!...." You can read the remainder of their Mission Statement here.



The Noah's Ark play set includes:
  • 14 animals; 7 pairs of male/female creatures such as lions, sheep, elephants, and our personal favorite--MONKEYS!
  • Noah (complete with walking staff that fits in his hand!)
  • And of course, an Ark which includes a platform for easy animal loading (or unloading).


Now, since I tend to operate on minimal brain function, I wasn't sure if the top of the Ark came off. It looked like it did, but I wasn't sure if I should let my son (who, let's face it; isn't exactly the most careful of persons) have at it.

I decided to seek the wise counsel of my fellow Crew Mates, and they all responded in the affirmative. Hooray! So with that, I told my son to "go for it". (Of course, unbeknownst to me, he'd already yanked it off in the other room. "See, Mom? I told you it came off!" Fine.)

So there you go. The top does indeed come off. Woohoo! Bonus clean up and storage features are always tops on my list! And the fact that it didn't shatter into a dozen pieces upon removal is pretty nifty, too. ;o)

In addition to subjecting this delightful playset to my children's rough thorough testing, we decided to take it to church. My husband and I are the Children's Ministry Directors, and thought this would be perfect for the "under 5" crowd, just as the Nativity set had been.




Ellie took the Noah set first, while Elijah claimed the Nativity. After enjoying their respective sets for a few minutes, Elijah had a marvelous idea....



Let's combine them, so that Noah, the lions, and fabulous monkeys could meet baby Jesus/Yeshua, too! What a great idea! (Not Biblically accurate, of course but still very fun!)

The Tales of Glory Noah's Ark play set is comprised of sturdy plastic and PVC, and made to withstand the rigors of young children. It's available from One2Believe.com for $29.99. (Please note that due to it's small parts, it's not recommended for children under the age of 3.)

My children and those in our Shabbat class, LOVED this set. I highly recommend it to fellow homeschoolers, Sunday/Shabbat schools, Awana clubs, Christian daycares, or any family that wants to incorporate quality Bible-based toys into their family.

Not only are these toys durable and reasonably priced, but they provide a fun visual tool that help bring Biblical truths to life. (Something little ones always appreciate!)

Please visit One2Believe.com, and check out their other high-quality items, including their "Proverbs 31 dolls" and the adorable "Jesus Loves Me" bear!

I proudly give the Noah's Ark play set (and certainly all of One2Believe's products) two thumbs up! :o)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails