In no particular order, here's my brief list....
- Write everything down. All the funny sayings that come flying out of your child's mouth, the "Oh NO!" moments...all of it. Write 'em down as soon as possible because you won't remember it later, despite what you may think. This will eliminate the following episodes of short-term memory loss: "Oh Grandma, Susie said the cutest thing yesterday! Oh, what was it now...? Something about the dog...Hmm...gosh, I can't remember! But it was so cute!"
- Three words: Stain resistant carpet. Ditto for upholstery.
- Babies seem to enjoy "blowing raspberries" best while eating solid foods. Duck!
- Silence = trouble. Stop whatever you're doing and RUN!
- Under the age of 2, everything goes in the mouth. E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G.
- Even when they're over 2 years, things still have a way of sneaking into the mouth...or up the nose...
- Anything you say can and will be repeated. You've been warned.
- Everything you did wrong as a kid will come back to bite you, and you'll receive little sympathy from your own parents. In fact, they may simply smile and say, "Paybacks!"
- Believe us "old timers" when we say these days will go by fast, and you'll miss them.