With ALEKS, parents have complete control over their student's learning. Within the Master Account parents have the ability to view their student's:
- Progress Report
- Pie Chart
- Attendance Report
- Your child's log in/password information
- Course Material (ranging from your basic K-12, all the way up to Business Math)
- and State standards (should you happen to move or are "just curious").
Under the Resources for Parents section, you can check out some pretty neat features including:
- ACE/Course Credit information (for college-bound individuals)
- TheTraining Center which offers short, easy to use video tutorials of all the key ALEKS features
- Read over the handy PDF User's Guide and more
With all that said, I must admit that it was ALEKS' new "Create a Quiz" feature that I found most impressive. Although my children aren't fond of the ol' pop quiz notion, I personally find it rather fun. For me...not them. Hee hee.
The Quiz feature allows you to select the type and amount of problems on the quiz, once again leaving you in full control. Should you discover your child is clearly struggling in a particular area, ALEKS allows you to go back and edit your quiz, focusing only on the concept in question. Last but not least, the printable results makes record-keeping a snap.
The ALEKS subscription price for individual users is:
- $19.95 per month
- $99.99 for 6 months (five months with one month free)
- $179.95 for 12 months (savings of $59.45)
I'm very impressed with the changes in ALEKS. Their commitment to their customer's satisfaction is readily apparent and because of this, I'm pleased to "up" their award from a previous 1.5 thumbs up to a solid 2 thumbs. :o)