Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I've Officially Gone Nuts...

Yes, it's true. I've gone bonkers, my friends. Absolutely bonkers....(and it's all Tina's fault). Allow me to explain.

You see, she sent me an email this afternoon with a link to the NaMoWriMo website along with a little note that said, "I think you should do this...I know you have it in you."

Surrrrrrre I do!!!

However, being the highly-susceptible-to-the-power-of-peer-pressure-person that I am, I went along with it.

I read over the website, filled in my info, and hit "submit". Fate...sealed.

(Click here)



My mission is to write a 50,000 word (175 page) fiction novel in a whopping 30 days. (With quantity over quality being a key factor. You know...to take the pressure off.) I have from November 1-30th to complete this mammoth task.

What, you may be asking, do I receive should I complete this insane mission?

Simple. Total bragging rights. And a nifty certificate. And a blog badge. (Which is still really quite significant, considering I'm always in the market for a good ego-boost.)

Trouble is, this baby has to be an entire work of FICTION. I've never written anything remotely classified as fiction in my life. I read plenty of it though, so I'm hoping that'll help fuel my imagination a bit. We'll see!

Anyway, if any of you out there care to join me in this absolutely bonkers mission, feel free to sign up. It's free. There's even a "children's" version of the contest with a much more stomachable (is that a word?) word count.

I'm half-tempted to create an entirely separate blog in order to chronicle my literary journey...(a'la Julie & Julia) but then again, that may prove to be too much writing. Hmm. Must think on that a bit more.

Anyhooo......here's to writing the great American novel in 30 days! Wish me luck! :)

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Umm...yep, you're nuts. LOL So not something I would do.

Mrs. White said...

Denise, do we get to read it when you are finished?????

Keep us updated!

love from
Mrs. White

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails