Monday, November 30, 2009

Daybook Entry







FOR TODAY...November 30, 2009


Outside my window... the sun is rising, revealing another gray, cloudy day.

I am thinking... my oldest daughter's fascination with the Ultimate Fighting Championships is disturbing. That and I can't believe she'll be 14 one week from today!

I am thankful for...
  • the Lord's acceptance of me despite my many faults,
  • my dear friends who are always there to listen,
  • my cozy home,
  • my employed husband,
  • healthy children,
  • my mother who is always willing to do what she can to help,
  • the fact that I'm able to work from home for a company I love,
  • one of my daughters loves the ballet as much as I do (perhaps more?)
  • and the fact that there's still some chai in my cupboard!

From the learning rooms... we'll be tackling our Latin today, as well as catching up on the assignments and subjects we pushed aside in favor of the holiday last week. I also have to print out a new lesson plan and calendar page.

From the kitchen... Still have plenty of leftover turkey (ugh) that has to be eaten up. Not sure if that should be tonight's supper or not. I'm sure the children will say "NO!"

I am wearing... Sweats and slippers, believe it or not. Yeah, I'm slacking today. *Sigh*

I am creating... a web of chaos in my mind! Ha! No, actually I'm in the process of creating my daily To Do list and it's getting a bit longer than I care to admit.

I am going... to try to remain peaceful and happy today no matter what, and take Abby to ballet later this evening (tonight's her Level III/IV class split).

I am reading... the Bible and re-reading two fiction novels for brain candy. Because I can do that.

I am hoping... for a miracle with our finances! But if that doesn't pan out, I'm hoping to at least find new ways to cut back and stretch every penny. The holidays and Sierra's birthday are fast approaching and I don't know what we're going to do about either one...

I am hearing... the obnoxious sounds of Sierra's UFC fight on TV. (Ugh...) Oh, and the heater just clicked on. That's always comforting.

Around the house... I can see a few cleaning projects that need tending to. Thankfully not too many, but I do have a way of making even the smallest of chores into huge tasks. (Why vacuum the living room when you can vacuum under the beds, along the baseboards, sweep the ceilings, clean out the heating vents...)

Noticing that.... Children really do grow up waaaay too fast, and I'm not ready for it to be over just yet. Also I'm noticing just how uncomfortable this kitchen chair is without a pillow...ahem.

I am remembering... What it was like to be fourteen (yikes), my uncle, and a certain someone who passed away fourteen years ago this week and how they've missed out on so much.

On my mind.... So many people around the world have it worse than I do, and yet I'm still so selfish as to focus on myself and my problems repeatedly. It's disgusting!

One of my favorite things... the ballet. Absolutely the ballet.

A few plans for the rest of the week: See "What I'm Hoping..." above. Also, planning Sierra's birthday party (gulp), on top of the usual taekwondo & ballet classes, and Wednesday's youth group.

Pondering these words... Cancer sucks

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing...


Abby backstage at Pacific Northwest Ballet, holding up Nutcracker masks.


You can participate in the weekly daybook, too. Click here to learn more about The Simple Woman's Daybook.

1 comment:

Terra Kent said...

That's a cute picture of her

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails