Friday, September 25, 2009

Review: Knockout Entrepreneur by George Foreman



I was anticipating Knockout Entrepreneur to be a nice easy read, filled with timely information about how to be a great business person/entrepreneur, from a man who has "been there, done that".

I was expecting the book to be filled with a generous sprinkling of Foreman anecdotes which, although I can't say I'm a huge fan of his, would still prove to be interesting and insightful.

Indeed, Knockout Entrepreneur delivers all that and more.

First, allow me to share the positives.

In "Knockout Entrepreneur", George Foreman shares the Scriptural principles he's maintained throughout his life and career to achieve his goals. The tone of the book is relaxed and casual, making you feel as though you're listening to a wise friend or family member. Chapter titles such as "Listen To Your Corner", "Know Your Foe" and "Keep Answering the Bell" remind you that the author is still very much a boxer at heart.

Foreman reminds readers that at the end of the day, success has more to do with character than it does financial gain. He encourages entrepreneurs to keep looking up, to stay focused, accept responsibility, and seek ways to improve--personally and business wise. I especially enjoyed the fact that he encourages readers to read as much as possible. Not only to keep up with current business trends, but to also enrich their vocabularies. The advice contained in this book isn't earth-shattering or "new" by any means, but it does bear repeating from time to time.

As for the singular negative aspect of this book, it felt (at times) like a 200+ page infomercial for George Foreman. Although I doubt that was his intention, I quickly grew tired of hearing all about his boxing career and the George Foreman Grill.

Be that as it may, fans of Mr. Foreman will appreciate this book as well as fresh-faced entrepreneurs.

*As a member of the Thomas Nelson Book Review Blogger program, I received a copy of this book for free in exchange for an honest review. No additional compensation was received, and my opinions are strictly my own.*

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails