Thursday, February 25, 2010

Couponing Strategies

Couponing strategies. That's the topic of the day! (Or at least, the topic in my head.)

I was on the coupon bandwagon for a long time, then got off for some stupid reason. Not sure why. Well, yes I do. I didn't have a decent strategy for it. And carrying my little folder (it's actually a photo file) around the store got to be a royal pain.

If I'd been smarter (and I hope to be now), I would've planned my menus according to store sale flyers and my coupons. I'm a planner for the most part, but for some reason it doesn't transfer to meal planning. But that's probably because I don't like to cook and thinking about cooking makes me zone out. (Ahem)

So anyway, I was reading a nifty article about a pair of local moms (whom I kinda-sorta know, as my oldest babysits for them occasionally and I had one lady's daughter in my Awana class a few years ago), who've done an amazing job playing the coupon game. Seriously, their stories are incredibly inspirational! Then I paid a visit to their blog which is primarily geared toward those in Washington state (but does offer great advice for newbies as well as those who need a bit of encouragement to get started again).

This then prompted a huge clip-fest for me and the kids. Armed with scissors and a stack of Red Plum circulars I'd been meaning to go through (for weeks now..ahem), we got down to business. Ethan exclaimed, "This is fun!" as he happily snipped away. Abby was pleased to find coupons for candy; Sierra found .50 off Gatorade. Life is good.

So with all that said: What's YOUR coupon strategy? How do you organize them? Do you plan your meals in advance? Do you purchase multiple papers and if so, how many? The comment section is officially open. :) (Not that it ever closes but whatever...)

2 comments:

Rachel said...

When I saw your title for this, I was thinking, I need to let her know about the Amber's. LOL

My coupon strategy-none.

homeschool101 said...

Lol, I am glad I am not the only who fell of the wagon. Lol! I got pooped carrying my huge binder full of 4x6 photo pockets in it loaded with coups. My hubby dad gets all of his apt buildings coups and sends them to us. WOW! So I had to get motivated again. They couldnt make it easier- clip clip clip! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails