Friday, February 5, 2010

Fit Mommy Friday



Guess what, Ladies! I managed to stay away from the Snickers cake all week!! Woohoo! Now that it's almost gone, I feel quite accomplished and proud of myself. :) Toot toot! Hear that? That's me, tooting my own horn.

Yeah, that was corny. Moving on!

It's Friday and we've made it through another week. Aren't you pleased?

I did pretty well with my exercise goals. I got in 2 extra sessions on the bike, which was desperately needed. I'm sure I'll log more time this weekend since my husband's leaving for CA this evening, but I digress. I met my Firm Instructor every...single...morning this week, which almost killed me felt great.

Nutritionally I didn't do so great. For some odd reason, I decided it would be nice to make french toast for dinner earlier in the week. I told myself it was just for Dean and the kids.

Ahem. I ate 4 slices. With plenty of syrup. 8-/

I then justified this caloric bombshell by thinking that somehow the fat/calories wouldn't stick because syrup, as well know, is liquid. And liquids are easy to burn off or otherwise get rid of! :)  So the following morning, I remembered I had picked up a box of apple cinnamon waffles. So I had 4 of those, too.

Yes, I'm truly that dumb.

But in my defense, those were the only times I splurged. Granted, that was 2 times too many but....sigh. There's always next week! :)

Did anyone else succumb to temptation this week? Please don't say I'm the only one...! (Not that I want you to fall short of your goals but..well..it'd be nice to know I'm not the only one! Hee hee)

Oh yes. One last thing. This week, I thought it might be nice if (for those of you who are interested) we shared a healthy recipe that helps us stay on track. It can be anything from a simple salad or protein shake, to a more elaborate meal. Your choice. This can be separate from today's check in if you so choose. ;)

Mine is really simple. It's my staple food: The Veggie Sandwich. Simple but oh so yummy and filling.

I use the following:

2 slices of Ezekiel Bread (or another really healthy, nutty, grainy bread)
Best Foods Canola mayonnaise
1 handful of mixed baby greens (the bagged variety)
3-4 tomato slices (depends on the size of the tomato)
2 Claussen's Kosher Dill Pickle slices (or organic equivalent from PCC or Trader Joe's)
2 tsps. of ground flax seeds sprinkled on top :)

Doesn't that sound yummy???? I eat anywhere from 2-5 of these per day.


1. Michelle Smith @ A Life Better Than I Deserve
2. Mrs. White The Legacy of Home (Level 2)
3. Tracy 3Guys & A Doll
4. Heidi @ Chatter & Clatter
5. Homeschool101
6. Tea Time with Annie Kate
7. Debra @ Footprints in the Butter
8. Lisa C. @ the Wyldhouse Homestead (Spiritual Fitness)
9. (The Very Bad) Crazy Mom

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

7 comments:

homeschool101 said...

Sounds like we did good on the exercises but when it came to the food we bombed out. Lol. I am with you on that one. I had a weak, I mean week my self. I am weak this week. Lol. Motivation Monday is coming! Have a great weekend!

Heidi said...

You are definitely not the only one to succumb to temptation this week. I am such a wimp. Unfortunately, my working out wasn't all that great either. At least you can claim victory on the working out part!

Annie Kate said...

Sounds like you did very well with the exercise. Way to go!

And as for the eating, of course you need to eat if you're exercising so much!

I think you did great.

Annie Kate

PS Your sandwich sounds yummy.

TOSHeidi said...

I did terrible this week. I'm backsliding big time. I still have to post. Maybe tomorrow! LOL
That sandwich doesn't tempt me in the least. I'd much rather have that snickers!

Heather said...

Oh~You did great! Love the veggie sandwich, also. I will post tomorrow--somehow I forgot two book reviews & had 2 finish those thisafternoon!

Paula Rodriguez said...

Sounds like you're making great decisions in the food department.

Lisa said...

This weekend is going to be a biggie. My 16 y/o football fanatic insists on bringing junky snacks in the house for game time. It's ok for him, he has the metabolism of a hummingbird. Me? Well. . . I'm off to duct tape my mouth shut.

Have a great weekend!

Lisa @ www.homesteadblogger.com/wyldhousehomestead

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails