Friday, February 26, 2010

Fit Mommy Friday




Welcome to Week 8 of Fit Mommy! Wow, can you believe we've been at this for two months now? Incredible!

*If you're brand new to my blog and have no clue what I'm talking about, please click here to learn how you can participate in the weekly Fit Mommy meme. Join the band of merry wives and mothers as we move one step at a time in the direction of health and fitness. :) It's a lot of fun, I promise no one here bites, and the encouragement is incredible.*

Well, I don't know about you, but this week was harder for me than last. Not sure why, either. But I found myself having to really push myself to even get up in the mornings, much less get in a daily workout. Weird.

However, I am pleased to report that while I didn't workout as "hard" as I normally do, I did exercise each day for at least 30-45 minutes. Clearly not my best, but it's better than nuttin'! :) Even now as I sit here writing this, I'm having a hard time maintaining focus. Perhaps I've got too much going through my mind at the moment. (Ha! What a question. Of course I do!)

Wednesday/Thursday were really hard. I started coming down with a case of "scatter-brain" on Wednesday that developed into a full-blown case of Utter Perplexity by Thursday. In fact it was so bad, that I literally "forgot" to do laundry until 2:30 in the afternoon. Seriously! That's HUGE for me because--as most folks know me realize--I do laundry every..single..day. Like, right after my shower. But not Thursday. I had to literally stop and think, "Hmm. Did I do laundry today?" YIKES. Not good. I literally felt like I was walking in some sort of fog. Very strange.

This morning was harder still, after hearing the news yesterday afternoon that Dean's grandma lost her battle with cancer. I realize this has nothing to do with Fit Mommy or my goals. But I wanted to mention it because sometimes, when difficult things like this happen, it throws a wrench in everything. Case in point--this morning's workout. (Let me put it this way; if my dog could laugh, he would!) I was basically flinging myself around as my heart just wasn't in it. I finally turned the tape off (Jillian--my favorite), and opted for the bike. It felt more "right" to just peddle, sweat and listen to music than it did to "pump iron".

I'm not sharing this to evoke pity or anything like that; but rather to say that when something like this happens--and you find yourself totally not in the mood--it's understandable. And completely okay. :)

Alright, enough of that gloomy tone. Back to the update!

Now, nutritionally speaking I can actually be a bit prouder of myself. No junk food for the second week in a row. Woohooo!! I know, it's earth-shattering, isn't it? I can hardly believe it myself. ;)

Wait...maybe that's why I'm so sluggish? My body's craving sugar! LOL Kidding...sort of.

Oh, and what's even better is the fact that I'm down 2 lbs. Hooray!!!!

So with that, I shall close this mood-swing laden post and open the forum to all of you gorgeous divas. ;-)


1. Mrs. White @ The Legacy of Home
2. homeschool101
3. Michelle Smith @ A Life Better Than I Deserve
4. Heidi @ Chatter & Clatter
5. Lisa C @ the Wyldhouse Homestead (The Dreaded Plateau)
6. Katrina @ Mama Manuscripts (fit pregnancy)
7. Tea Time with Annie Kate
8. Tracy @ 3 Guys & A Doll
9. The Crazy Mom's Sly Moves
10. Carrie D

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

4 comments:

homeschool101 said...

Completely understand. I have been at it with similar things taking over my dad with my dads health going up and down. It is really hard to stay focused when your mind is wandering some place else. So sorry to hear the news! Keeping you in my prayers. You will be fine and get back on track.

Annie Kate said...

You're so wise to give yourself time just to deal with this. :)

And you've done great with the eating this week. No junk food is a super-huge achievement.

((Hugs))

Annie Kate

Tracy said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Dean's grandma. Sometimes you need to take a step back and just process things. Though it sounds like you're doing really well with your goals. Keep up the great work!

Mrs. White said...

Hope you feel better soon!!

It is sad when you are not happy. (pout)

I am so proud you have avoided junk food!!

Blessings,
Mrs. White

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails