Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Male Metamorphosis

Strange rumblings of maturity are afoot in the Opper household. My son is becoming a man.

A tall, big-footed, recently-graduated-to-his-first-stick-of-deodorant, man. {Insert the old Beach Boys song: "When I Grow Up To Be A Man" here}

Oh, and he can make scrambled eggs now. Which is cool because I hate cooking them, Abby loves eating them on a daily basis, and he's always hungry. Perfect! He also makes a mean bowl of Top Ramen, a sweet bowl of oatmeal, and a great turkey-on-a-bagel sandwich.

Yesterday, I had to get the Man Cub a new pair of shoes; size 5.5 thankyouverymuch. In men's. Yep, he officially has bigger feet than his Momma, folks. What's more--his head's about up to my eyeballs and he's *almost* taller than me when he stands on his tippy-toes, as he so rudely pointed out in front of the bank teller. Ahem.

Now if I can just get him to do the dishes, his own laundry without having to be reminded, and hold down a steady job, I can basically marry him off in about 10 years' time. :)

Maybe. We'll see. I think I might want to keep him around awhile longer... {Heaves a heavy sigh}

4 comments:

TOSHeidi said...

LOL! What a great post! Our kids just grow up way too fast, don't they? My little boy will be 4 in April - I find that VERY difficult to comprehend!

Mrs. White said...

Very sweet!

Cindy @ Fenced in Family said...

He's so good looking, you might not have ten years left. (Just kidding.. sort of.) How old is he? My nine-year-old is wearing a size 8 men's, same size as two adult men at our very-small church. You should have seen the looks on their faces when he told them, lol. Hopefully he's still a few years from the deodorant, though, sigh.

~ Denise ~ said...

Thanks, Cindy. Ethan is 11.
Wow, your son wears an 8?! What happened to our baby boys???

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails