Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Review: Beehive Reader 1


During my previous year with the TOS Crew, I had the opportunity to review All About Spelling, a nifty spelling program that worked wonders for my kids. Now, I'm pleased to introduce you to the Beehive Reader 1, the first in a new early reading series from AAS creator, Marie Rippel with Renee` LaTulippe.

What Is It

The Beehive Reader 1 is the first book in an exciting new series for young readers. This charming, phonics-based hardcover book is filled with precious illustrations and simple verbiage. And, I'm pleased to announce, it recently won the silver medal in the Moonbeam Children's Book Awards. (Neat, huh?)

The Beehive Reader is designed to correlate with the AAS program from Lesson 15 in Book One.You can view the quick correlation chart here. Even if you're not currently an AAS user, the Beehive Reader can still be used as a stand-alone product.

Beehive Reader contains 10 short stories such as:
  • The Pet Duck
  • The Bat and King Sam
  • Cobweb the Cat (My personal favorite! Click on the title to read a sample. Hee hee)
  The stories themselves are lively, engaging, and not overly ridiculous. The handy Table of Contents makes it easy for little ones to locate their favorite story, and the first page even has a spot where the child can write his/her name in the book. :) (Because almost every child goes through a "this is mine" phase, right?)

Additional books will be available Summer 2010 (I'll post the info as soon as possible), along with a fresh new website devoted to the All About Reading Program.


Beehive Reader 1 is available for $19.95.  You can also check out additional sample pages by clicking on the above link.

Final Thoughts

Had this book been available when my children were younger, I know they would've really enjoyed it. (But then we love everything AAS produces.)

While the book itself is a bit young for my children at this stage in the game, we did enjoy the pictures and got a good chuckle over some of the stories (like "Cobweb the Cat". Ahem...).

I give this book two thumbs up!!

To learn what my fellow Crew Mates had to say about this product, please click here.

(*As part of the TOS Homeschool Crew, I received a free copy of the above product in exchange for an honest review. No additional compensation was given and the thoughts expressed are my own.*)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails