Sunday, February 7, 2010

Review: Kinderbach (Part Deux)




The Opper Clan had the pleasure of reviewing Kinderbach around this time last year. Rather than re-hash everything, I'm going to link to my original review here (which I advise you to read first if you aren't familiar with Kinderbach), and fill you in on all the latest changes to the website in this post. :)

Kinderbach is an online piano program for young children ages 3-7 years. Fun new features include:
  • Dodi the Donkey Coloring Book: A 16 page e-book that helps children learn the D note on the keyboard. Very cute story with adorable pictures! (Anyone else remember that old holiday movie, Nester: The Long Eared Christmas Donkey? That's what Dodi reminds me of. :) So sweet!) Dodi the Donkey Coloring Book is available for $3.95.
  • Crafts and Games Level 1: This 20 page e-book offers a fun selection of hands-on activities that are perfect for tactile learners (or for those rainy, ants-in-the-pants days!). I tried to get my kids to play with the floor keyboard but they weren't into it. (Sigh) However, the ideas are very fun and super simple to use. (Even for those who are scissor-and-glue challenged like yours truly!) Craft & Games is available for $9.95.
  • Levels 5-6 have been activated since my previous post. Therefore, your little one can continue to progress and engage in more musical adventures with Dodi and Felicity the Frog. (Who is still my favorite. I mean...ballerina froggy! Hello?!)
  • You can now become a fan of Kinderbach on Facebook or view their video clips on YouTube. How cool is that? ;) They even included a link to the TOS Homeschool Crew off their main page! Woohoo!
The Nitty Gritty (Or How Much Does It Cost?)

A subscription to Kinderbach varies based on the program you choose.
Online Membership costs $19.99/month for 12 months or $7.99/month payable in one lump sum of $95.88 (which saves you 60%). Click here for details.

DVD Packages range in price from $55.95-$222.88, depending upon how many DVD's you wish to purchase at once. Click here for more information.


Conclusion:

I still find Kinderbach adorable and engaging, and recommend the program to those with little ones. Again, if you haven't done so, take a moment to read my formal review here. To read what my fellow TOS Crew Mates had to say about this product, please click here.


*As a member of the TOS Homeschool Crew, I was provided with a free trial membership to the online Kinderbach program for review. No additional compensation was provided.*

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails