Okay, here's a brand new (to me) Meme that apparently goes out on Saturdays but since this is the first I've heard of it, I'm posting it now. Because I can. So there. :)
It's called Small Talk Six (like the picture didn't give it away, right?) and it's hosted over at MomDot.com. This week's topic is: “6 things you would rather do yourself, even if you could pay someone else to do them.”
My six things, in no real order, are as follows:
- Teach my own children. Obviously as a homeschooling mom, that kinda goes without saying. But even if I had the money to afford private school tuition x's 3 kids, I still wouldn't do it. I love having them home with me, actively taking part in their education, every single day. These are MY children and I only get a short time with them. Soon they'll all be grown 'n gone, so I want to take advantage of the time I have been given while I can.
3. Bathe my dogs. I can scrub-a-pup just as well as any groomer. And I'm sure I'm far more gentle and loving with my little snookums than any stranger would be. I'm also cheaper! (If you're a groomer, please don't take offense.)
4. Clean my house. I guess that kinda goes along with #2. To be fair, I should mention that my children engage in the age-old tradition of chores. But I'm definitely not one to hire a cleaning service! I'd be more likely to clean first and then let the cleaning lady in. ;o)
5. File my own taxes. Sure H&R Block and others out there can do it for roughly the same price as Turbo Tax, but I find very satisfying doing this yearly task myself. Again...control freak.
6. Rub Dean's neck, shoulder and back. Sure it just about kills my wrists off and I'm working on a severe case of carpel tunnel, but...My husband. My hands. Period. :) Unless it's some big, burly dude from some remote place like Siberia, with hands the size of--and bearing a strong resemblance to--a pair of giant hams. Then that's okay.
If you'd like to participate in this weekly meme, please visit MomDot.com.